Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sculpture

We have a wonderful friend who is also an artist. His name is Adam Thomas. I love his work! It brings me to a place of whimsy and also a sense of piece.

If I had lots of money I would commission him to make a sculpture for our yard that the neighborhood kids could play on and enjoy.

Our family went up to his exhibit at the Finch Lane Gallery in May.

This sculpture reminds me of the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival.

This ladder/bridge on a bed frame made me think of Peter Pan, of dreams, and how dreams take us to a new place. I thought the only thing missing was a sail.
I'd love to have something like this in my yard for the kids to play on.

This one reminded me of tall tales as well, and how good stories lift us in so many ways. Good stories also connect us to those who have gone before us, and connect our posterity to us.

No comments: