Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blocks from Japan Quilt Top ~ DONE!

Blondie finished her quilt top today!

This photo was taken before the dark blue border was sewn around the edge. It was dark outside when she finished so we didn't take another photo.

Here's the post with the original blocks.

Blondie sewed half the blocks. She cut all the setting pieces (small blue borders and white triangles) herself. I did the math so that all she had to do was cut and sew.

This is the first quilt she's done pretty much by herself. Meaning that she was pushing the foot pedal for the sewing machine....

She's so proud of it!

And I'm sooooo proud of her for taking on a new project, learning a new skill, and not giving up when it seemed overwhelming and really difficult.

I've got three more tops in the sewing room to finish..... I doubt I'll finish them this summer like I wanted to, but that's okay because I've gotten so many good things done this summer that I wouldn't trade them for finished quilt tops!


No comments: