Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cleaning Decorative Marbles

Hubby got me flowers for Valentine's Day. I love Carnations!

They last forever and they smell so clean and fresh, just like spring.

And in the torn apart kitchen, they were a welcome sight.

I use those decorative glass pebbles to hold the flowers in place after I've arranged them in the vase. I always like to clean them after the flowers have died. I'm pretty sure it kills any bacteria growing, which means the next time I use them they will be clean.

To clean them, I put them in a mesh strainer and put them in the dishwasher. This only works well if you don't have any food left on the plates. Food on the plates gets caught in the strainer.

Nice and clean! After they dry I'll store them inside a vase or a ziplock bag, depending on what I can find first in our torn apart kitchen.
Yes, those are light globes. I washed them in the dishwasher, too. I'm not sure what I will end up using them for, but they aren't going back in the kitchen as lights.

No comments: