Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Better Than a Rubber Band on a Paint Can

Martha Stewart says to do this....
Source
I didn't have a rubber band that size in the house. And I could see me removing the rubber band....

and watching it fly across the room and landing on the window or a wall or the light fixture.... you get the idea.

This is what I came up with instead.
Duct tape.
First I put the tape across the top of the can. Then I used scissors to make four snips on the tape over the opening of the paint can.

I folded the pieces in the middle under.

This strengthens the tape a little more (as if Gorilla Tape needs strengthening) and gives me more room to get my brush into the paint can.

I've done this quite a few times now during the past two weeks of painting and it has worked well! If I'm careful, I can use it a few times before I have to throw away the tape.

No comments: