Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oregon Trail Quilt: Bear Paw

Here is the new block this month. It is called Bear Paw. A very simple block, yipee!

One of the neat things about this block is that when you put four of them together you get very different designs. Just take a look at the three photos below and you will see what I mean.

 
This setting looks like four bear paws to me. 

  
This setting looks like a cross or like a trail to me.

 
This setting looks like a sunburst to me. This is my favorite arrangement of the blocks. But that may change when I put it into the final quilt!

You should be able to click on the image above and then right-click and save as to your computer.
My photos show a bear paw that has three colors. Bear Paw blocks are usually two colors, but since all the other blocks we have been given are three-color blocks, I decided to add a third color to my block. Also, the first blocks all included red, so each of my blocks will include a red and have three colors in them.

Here is a link to step-by-step directions for a similar Bear Paw block:
Craft and Fabric Links

No comments: