Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cheese Today

We have plenty of milk right now so instead of wasting it I decided I had better get to work and do something with it. I saved the Nubian milk for one day (I didn't mix it in with all the milk like I usually do) and made some Mozzarella out of it. Yummy!

I also started some yogurt, some chevre, and some buttermilk. The chevre will be ready to drain tomorrow morning. The yogurt and buttermilk will be ready to use by then. It's been months since we've had fresh cheese, yogurt, and buttermilk! I'm really excited.

I tried something different with the buttermilk today. I'll post how it turned out later. I added about 1/4 cup of powdered milk while I was pasteurizing the goat milk. I want to see if the buttermilk turns out thicker than using just regular milk.

No comments: