Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oregon Trail Quilt: Wagon Tracks

Another month has come and gone! I was able to finish another set of 4 quilt blocks. Sometimes I wonder if I will be able to get them done with so many other things that need to be done around here! I am glad to be busy. I know some people who say they are bored and I can't imagine being bored.

This block is called Wagon Tracks. Here is the pattern we received:


You should be able to click on the image above and then right-click and save as to your computer.

My finished blocks 'due' December 5th. 

As usual, Quilter's Cache has a wonderful set of instructions, too.

These blocks took a bit longer to put together. It took me a bit more than two hours to sew all 4 blocks. I love the way they look in this arrangement. I'm still not sure how I will put the final quilt together. But there is no hurry to decide, this class lasts until August 2010!

We also had a short history lesson about pioneer wagons, wagon trains, and what the pioneers would carry with them across the plains. The thing that I had never heard of was a constitution for a wagon train. It made sense to have a plan and a contract of sorts that everyone in the party could agree to.

Here are a few links that give the same information that our quilting instructor gave us:
The Wagon
Wagon Train Constitution
The Oregon Trail
The Emigrant Road
Links to Trails West

No comments: