Monday, August 31, 2009

Prayer Shawl Number 2

I was able to finish the second Prayer Shawl while I was in Massachusetts. My Mom loved lavender, the flower, the smell, and the color. I left this one with my Aunt. She often gives Prayer Shawls to those in need. The church she used to belong to had a Prayer Shawl Ministry. She is so far away from that church that she is currently looking for another one closer to where she lives. I told her that she could either keep the Shawl herself if she wanted to, or she could donate it to the Prayer Shawl Ministry at her new church.

Lavender Prayer Shawl

On this Prayer Shawl I slipped the first stitch of each row as if to purl. The last stitch of the row I knit through the back loop. Now that I have my camera back, I'll try to take some photos of how to do that and post it. I love the way the edge turns out this way. It is so straight and even!


Me and my Aunt. She is wonderful!

No comments: