Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Healthy Poultry

I found this link in an ad in the current Hobby Farms magazine. I thought some of you might find it useful, too. (Hobby Farms is one of my favorite magazines.)

Biosecurity for Birds
"Biosecurity For Birds is an initiative to help you keep your birds healthy. On this website, you will find useful information about infectious bird diseases such as avian influenza (AI) and exotic Newcastle disease (END), as well as important information on backyard biosecurity practices you can use in your everyday routine of caring for your birds."

You can pick and choose between quite a few different materials to learn how to recognize signs of infectious poultry diseases and ways to keep your birds healthy. It is all free--just pick the materials that you would like, and they send it to you. Well, not totally free, I'm sure that it is paid for with tax dollars.

I'll post when I receive my materials and let you know what I think of everything.

No comments: