Monday, June 8, 2009

Cheese

I tried to make 30 Minute Mozzarella today. It didn't turn out. It is more like cottage cheese so I'll use it in Lasagna tomorrow. The milk I used was from the Saanens, which means it has less butterfat in it than the Nubian milk. Mozzarella needs more butterfat in it to make it stretch well. Goat milk is harder to get good Mozzarella from anyway, it generally needs more Citric Acid in it. When I use the 30 Minute recipe, I always add an extra 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid for each gallon of milk.

Oh well! Lasagna is good, too!

2 comments:

Grandma Elsie said...

You have a good attitude about it not turning out right. I am sure your family will love what ever you fix with it.
I am enjoying my self here at the beach with my daughter and her family. My other daughter came too. I went into the pool today and set on the beach for a few hours.
My youngest granddaughter and I go for a early morning walk before anyone else gets up.
Elsie <><

TJ said...

I believe in the old saying, "Bloom where you are planted," and the other saying, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

I'm glad you are having a great trip! I sure miss the beach since I moved to the desert, but the mountains are beautiful, too.